best street tires

NEWCHAPTER

Need Speed
Looking at getting a set of new tires.... its a daily driver ... all street.. so I need something that will not spin out in the rain and look good too... dont want granny tires :eek: oh yeah have to fit on 15inch stock rims..

I ran my car for the longest time with Nitto DR's on stock rims. Never had a problem in the rain. Keep in mind I never really get into it in the rain.

runnin Nitto DR's on mine, seem to be fine in the rain, as long as you drive it as a NORMAL person would, my wife and others.When its dry they are sooo much better then what was on the car when I got it. Previous tires use to break loose on the 1-2 shift if I laid into it a bit, these hook right up.

I run the 15 " Nitto DR...with Michilen pilots on the front..work fine for me . I have about 10k miles on the Nittos and they still have the grooves ..an they hook up good. But my car is a all stock 14 second car...

I think some of you didn't read his WHOLE post:

Looking at getting a set of new tires.... its a daily driver ... all street.. so I need something that will not spin out in the rain and look good too...

ALL STREET would be the key words. Drag Radials ARE NOT GOOD for a STREET only car. They still need to be heated up to get decent traction with them. The idea behind a DR is for a Street/Strip car, which the TR's do very nicely in BOTH categories, but DR's ARE NOT INTENDED for daily use ONLY.....If he said he'd take 5-10 trips down the 1320 a year, YES DR's would be the way to go. But he DID say Street ONLY.

Coopers are good tires, but they still don't compare with the BFG's, but that's just my opinion.

Ryan

Spdrcer34

My car is a daily driver in New Jersey, the key word here is DAILY, no problems with the Nitto Drags, I understood the post correctly. I hate to say it but I also used them in the winter with little to no problems. As long as I stayed out of boost the Nittos where just like regular tires.

I agree about the Nittos.

They are an excellent daily driver choice for 3 seasons for me.

Rain is no more problem than with many other tires on a 300-400 HP car.

In the snow use Blizzaks.

The Nittos don't handle or ride that bad either. :)

A good quality properly sized tire up front helps as well.

Only setback is 4 tire rotation and spares if using the large size out back and smaller up front.

I like to keep a full size spare in da trunk especially in the winter, helps with traction.

Just my .02.

same good experience with Nittos for a daily driver here in SoCal, love them.

Coopers dont compare with BFGs cause Coopers have a much more aggressive thread pattern which not only grabs the road better on dry roads- they almost act like a snow tire in the winter!Check out the GT Radials and then show me a BFG that has a similar thread pattern.none available!