You can type here any text you want

Best tire size for street driving?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Sunshine

Slacker
I need to replace my tires soon and was wondering what the best size for street driving was. I currently have Dunlop P22560Z15.

There is probably not one best, but I like to use drag radials for back tires, to keep traction and avoid squealing the tires with aggressive acceleration. On an 8 inch wide rim I use 275 50 15s in back. This size is close to the stock tire 26 inch diameter, so the speedometer remains accurate.

Downside is driving in rain sucks, and they typically wear out quick.

If you have stock wheels, a lot of people go with 235/60 because they are very close to 26 inches tall. You don't really want to go bigger than 255 in the rear on the stock wheels. On mine, I run 235/60 on 15x7 wheels on the front and 275/50 on 15x8 in the rear.

I liked BFG t/a's 265/50/15's all the way around,easy to rotate,wide for traction,handles great,the front rubs just a touch if turn wheel to full lock

Enjoy!

Taller tire gets better mpg if you do a lot of highway driving, but your mph will be off on the speedometer.

Thanks again for all the info everyone. My local NTB does not carry tires in 260/50. So guess I will go with the stock size. I found their 2 best tires in the stock size. I think I'm going to go with the Yokohama tire. Especially since the Michelin tires are on back order and I really need tires A.S.A.P. The passenger side front tire is starting to show thread really bad on the side of the tire that's closest to you when you look at it. I'm going with NTB cause I can't afford tires in cash right now and they will extend me credit. What do you guys think? Is it a good decision to go Yokohama? Here is a comparison.

NTB - Compare Selected Items

I use Michelin Pilots up front 235/60/15 and Nitto Drag Radials out back 275/50/15 with good results even in the rain.

The Pilots are hard but still handle well.

Nittos are soft but hook okay on the street and in the rain, good for 12K to 15K on my cars. :smile:

Almost the same as Salvage V6 is running but 225 Fronts
Nitto's 275-50R15 on the rear with 10" rims and they work well in the rain and wear less than MT's
And not had traction issues like street tires

Back