You can type here any text you want

Best Vacuum Brake Conversion...different sizes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks for that. That cleared some thing up. One last footnote to deal with is: with or without vacuum switch on the 88 Caprice Booster. I don't know what the switch is about, and the pictures don't show me anything.

Just buy both items separately. I'm almost positive 90's brake boosters have different thread than the lines on our cars. Simply get the 10.75 booster and the large bore master. Monte ss. I really don't think it has to be a monte ss just make sure you get the larger piston. There is a size able difference, cannot mix it up.

Just buy both items separately. I'm almost positive 90's brake boosters have different thread than the lines on our cars. Simply get the 10.75 booster and the large bore master. Monte ss. I really don't think it has to be a monte ss just make sure you get the larger piston. There is a size able difference, cannot mix it up.
No need to buy separately as the full caprice unit (alum master cyl/booster) is direct fit and has the larger bore. Keep it simple! :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My install is finished. Used the 10.75" dual diaphragm (88 Caprice) and matching master. Brake pedal feels great, but the verdict is still out on how i feel about the swap.

The pedal is still stiff on initial application if i quickly go from throttle to brakes, and i feel there is too much assist. Too easy to lock the wheels.

I want to put in some more seat time, as i've only driven a mile or two. But i did make several stops testing things out. ......

Last edited:
Back