You can type here any text you want

Best way to add a CD player?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

subtlt

A little faster every day
I'd like to use my portable CD/MP3 player in my car through the stock UX1 stereo. There are two easy ways to do it, either through a cassette adapter (fake cassette looking thing) or through an FM modulator, which hooks up into the antenna and treats the input as an FM station.

Which is best sound wise? I'd love to wire up a "pre-in" set-up, but that's beyond my abilities.

I would use the FM modulator plus you wont have anything hanging out of the front of head unit. The cassette section isnt the greatest in these Delcos IMHO.

My Mp3 player would not play through the tape deck deal. I will have to look into the FM modulator. Can You use this with an after market head unit?

Originally posted by BuickBeast
My Mp3 player would not play through the tape deck deal. I will have to look into the FM modulator. Can You use this with an after market head unit?

Yes you can because it has an antenna input the same as the Delco. In the worse case senerio, you may have to get an antenna adapter (diameter difference) for a few bucks extra.

I actually found a website that offers 2 wireless FM modulators:

1) PJBox FM modulater (MP3 player) for $24.95

2) Radioshack wireless FM CD adapter for MP3 for $65.00

They also carry the tape deck adapter if you want to save money. Here is the link:

MP3 FM modulated adapters

Back