Best way to raise the 1-2 shift at wot 300-400 rpm

fastblackracing

question for for the transmission guys with more experience than I have. what is the best way to raise the wot shift point of the 1-2 300-400 rpm without affecting the part throttle shift points? I can make the 2-3 manually but the trans brake means the 1-2 is on its own. Looking to go from 5900 to 6200+ thanks.

I got an olds KC valve body that I would love to sell you! It shifts 1-2 at 6400 and 2-3 at 5950. I'm switching back to a BRF so I can even it out.

you can stiffen the TV limit spring but be cautious about it. Chris warns that too stiff of spring (too much max tv pressure) can allow forced wot kickdowns that can over-rev the engine unless other things are changed with it (I believe its MTV down off the top of my head) .

Modding the gov might also work.

Its been reported that changing individual shift valve springs has good results at part throttle but little WOT change, as WOT is mostly a function of TV pressure acting against governor pressure and the spring is a relatively small % of that force. you'd have better luck hunting down individual TV valves of different land diameters...