BFG DR question.

I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but maybe this will help someone doing a search.

I had the 275/60's on stock T rims, and they didn't rub. Only problem was I couldn't drop the pressure below like 28 psi before they would start to rub. I fixed that by getting a sweet pair of 15x8 3.5"BS Draglites from ws6formula50. ;)

Re: Re: drag radials

Originally posted by Race Jace
thanks for all of the replies guys!!

are these M/T tires bias or radials?

These are supposed to be the shiznit when it comes to DOT Radials. I heard that MT beat their own 60' with them, pretty much everyone I heard running them was very pleased with how the hook. Pretty soft I think they are.

Put my BFG DR's on my stock GN wheels, 275/60/15's, drove home 5 miles, several several turns and 1 90 degree curve, no rubbing.....

If memory serves, the T-Type wheels have about 1/4 inch less backspacing so there's more clearance with them. And, yes, aluminum drums are roughly 1/8th thicker, providing more room also.

I though there were more problems with the TR bodies being misaligned on the frame vs. the rear being "off?" I suppose worn bushings wouldn't help the problem much either.

On my stock GN wheels I had 275 Dr and the left side of mine would scrubb a little in sharp turns with the sway bar off. Now I took a hammer beat the frame in some and I run 275-60-15 Kelly charger street tires