You can type here any text you want

Bfg's or Firestone's 255's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

krom415

Need to buy a set for stock gn rims (rears) ..there both in the same price range ..street tires anybody have any experience w/either ?

i have firestone 255/60s on my ttype wheels. i like em well enough. don't drive in the rain much, but they do fairly well in the wet. and i cut a 1.93 60' once with em too. not great but they arent a bad tire. they fit the rim real well too.

I have used both and VASTLY prefer the Firestones. Better dry traction, better wet traction, better handling. They even do very well in snow.

I have used both and VASTLY prefer the Firestones. Better dry traction, better wet traction, better handling. They even do very well in snow.

Ditto for me--except no snow experience here in Myrtle Beach...
The BFG TA's will likely last longer, being a harder compound--but you pay for that in LESS bite (both straight ahead and cornering...).

Either one is an excellent choice. I have experience w/ both. Firestones are a newer tire technology than the BFG's, thats the only thing Ill throw out there for ya....................... my WE4 has BFG's, they were on it................. next set will be Indy's:cool:

Thanks all for the info ..I was leaning towards the firestone's so firestones it is

Black wall out if on a aftermarket wheel, white letter out if a stock wheel. + another vote for the Firehawk Indy 500s

Ten years ago the white letter tires were really popular, I even put a few sets on some GNs and a T-type at the tire shop I worked at. I was just wondering if that had changed much. Still torn on my Regal. It has white letter tires on it now, but the photoshop I did of the completed car has them black, which is what I'm leaning towards.

Ten years ago the white letter tires were really popular, I even put a few sets on some GNs and a T-type at the tire shop I worked at. I was just wondering if that had changed much. Still torn on my Regal. It has white letter tires on it now, but the photoshop I did of the completed car has them black, which is what I'm leaning towards.

You should have already rec'd a pretty good idea from this thread re "what others prefer...". Now, the decision is entirely yours & should be what "you want"--not what you think "others would prefer to see"...

This is one of our very simple decision options--only two (2) choices logically available (blackwall IN or OUT)... Whereas, many other decisions have MANY options TO CONSIDER...

Monte

Back