You can type here any text you want

Big Stuff 3 Users

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lorenzo

My buddy and I have BS3 on out turbo regals. We are new to them so it is a learning experience. For some reason his wide band O2 keeps going out. This will be his 5th wide band o2 in less than a year. What could be causeing this problem. Eany help would be appreciated.

Are you using the Bosch sensor or NTK?

I'm a BS3 user but I don't drive my car on the street. I have alot of experience with both sensors. If you are killing O2's something maybe coating the sensor.

Are you using leaded fuel? Is your engine using coolant? Both lead and silica will render the sensor inop.

If the answer to both questions is no, where is the sensor located? it needs to be in the downpipe and not ahead of the turbo. It also needs to be clocked from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock position. If the sensor is pointed down, condensation can hit the sensor and cause thermal shock. The sensor develops internal cracks which will kill the sensor.

Just my thoughts......not yours!!

Dave

BTW, I have figured out how to use the cheap VW/Bosch sensor instead of buying the BS3 (expensive) sensor.

Attachments

• IM002336.JPG
    IM002336.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 172
Lorenzo, I have to agree with what Dave has said something is going on. We have several out there on the street running around and never had a O2 failure (Yet, LOL)

Give BS3 a call: 248-732-2846 extension #301(If my memory is correct) ask for John, or Leo. I have the best luck getting through around 11 am.

Back