You can type here any text you want

Big Stuff 3

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
Well, after moving and having the BS3 for almost a year I finally got my car out of storage and installed the BS3. I haven't started the car yet because the fuel pump harness will not switch on with the HS lead from the ecu. The TPS wires were backwards so I will have to switch that. It read 100% at idle and when you pressed the pedal it went to 0%. lol I also noticed that the labels on the IAT and H2O senders were backward. I can bypass that for the meantime until I figure it out. I sent John an email and I'm waiting on a response. Maybe I will get it started today.. I have replaced everything on the car's wiring harness. I had Caspers build me a custom harness from the fuse box and C3I,cam, and crank harness to use with the BS3 harness. Trying to unclutter under the hood. I still have some questions about the setup but I will work through them as it comes..

Fixed the TPS wires and John says the FP high side wire has been changed to allow for a second fuel pump.. That means I have to rewire that. :frown: Now the next part.

I wired the fuel pump to run and tried to spin the engine over to see if it would start.. No Dice.. I'm not getting spark to the plugs. If anyone knows of what to look for let me know. I am taking a break now.. :wink:

One question I had and no one seems to be able to tell me is whether or not you have to wire up the cam and crank sensor connectors to the BS3. John said that all you wire up on the Buick is HEI connector.. From the Casper's harness I had made, here's what I have:

2 Pink/Black wires for 12V to Coil and module
White wire for tach ( I think I can figure this one out too)
Yellow wire for Cam + (?)
Pink/White for Crank Ref + (?)
Black/Red for Module Ground Ref (?)
White/Black for EST Control/Spkout (?)
Tan/Black for Gm HEI/EST Bypass (?)

This is what John said is the only things that needed to be connected to the BS3 through the HEI connector.

From C3I module goes to BS3 4 way HEI connector
=====================================:
A BS3 HEI pin A
B BS3 HEI pin C
C BS3 HEI pin B
D BS3 HEI pin D

That’s all I can comment on, no other connections are made to the BS3 harness!

Hope this helps,
JM

I have these connected like he stated and I have the yellow Cam Ref wire left over.. I'm confused about that one.

I got it running. Found out that the HEI connector letters (ABCD) and the one I got from NAPA to connect to it did not match, so I had some wires crossed. It idles fine and revs fine. Now the fun starts. I already started to make changes to the program but everytime I change something and save it the next time I look at it, it changes back..hmmm Anyone else want to chime in and point me in the right direction of what to look at when setting up the initial tune?

If the ECU looses power (ie batt. shut off switch) it will reset to it's default calibration. To set it after you are done with tuning go to the file menu, down to Set Default Calibration click on it and follow instructions.

Quick86GN said:
If the ECU looses power (ie batt. shut off switch) it will reset to it's default calibration. To set it after you are done with tuning go to the file menu, down to Set Default Calibration click on it and follow instructions.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks Dale. OBTW I remember watching you race in Memphis when you did a major wheelstand and busted the liquid intercooler. That was way back I first started working with my first GN.

Back