Big turbo w/ stock style wastegate

FreddieWilliams

I was just wondering if any of you guys running a big turbo (i.e. T70 & up) with a stock style wastegate (i.e. PTE 3-bolt w/ 3" TH DP) are having any trouble with controlling boost (low or high).

I'm trying to decide what would be the best route:

Convert the 4-bolt housing to a PTE 3-bolt and use my existing 3" TH DP or sell the TH DP and go to an external racegate setup.

Comments please.

Thanks,

no problems on my 45A and a Stage motored car with a 72 just using the THDP and looping the compressor

Terry Houston claims hsi dp and a hd stock style wategate will control boost down into the 8's.

I'm currently using a 63-1 turbo with a THDP, and stock-type wastegate, and the results are good . The only problem I'm having is that when I set the trans-brake and I crank up the boost at the starting line a little too high (12psi or more), then it seems a little difficult to control boost properly. But once I leave the line, the boost can go up to 20-22 psi and seems to be ok!...:confused: That problem only arises at the starting line, using the trans-brake... :confused: Hints, anyone?..............
Thanks, Claude. :)