Billet 67hpq

johnplogii

Senior citizen
Anyone here considering running the new billet 67hpq over the 70mm unit? It is rated at 900 hp vs 850 for the 70hpq. I have heard it allready has put 950 to the ground in an all whel drive import.:eek: I was planning on running the 70 this year until I heard this. Your input is appreciated as I need to order one or the other real soon.

Thanks

John Plog

I think it would be a good idea to try. Probably most wont agree but with the right combo I think it would be nasty!!!!

Very Interesting! I was wondering if a 70mm billet unit was in the works and/or the same thing about the 67. Maybe I can get Precision to sponsor me and get a couple of each for testing purposes!!! :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin: ;)

From what I hear the billet 70 is nowhere close. I also understand the 71hpq is a billet wheel turbo & wonder how many people have tried that one. Seems like that unit should leave them all behind but not the case?

John

Hmmm, that's not surprising. The bad part is the only real way to test is to strap one on and take it down the track, problem is that can get real expensive real quick!! I'm afraid my testing budget has been depleted so I'll have to wait for someone else to try it.

I would not take the fact that it made that much HP on a different type of motor as gospel. The Turbo certainly has the potential, but its like comparing Washington Red Apples to Granny Smith Apples..

Maybe I better just go with the 70hpq, I don't know if I want to be the guinnea pig for the cost of these things. I can't seem to find out much info on the new billet unit. Has anyone seen compressor maps for both? Or how about a flow rating in lbs/min?

Thanks

John Plog