You can type here any text you want

bit off more than I could chew

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

klcsmooth

I heading to the exit ramp to get on the highway when I see this black 2005 porsche 911 TURBO ahead turning the same direction. I knew something was going to happen when we slowed for on coming traffic I could see him looking in his rearview at me. the highway is a three lane so I said to myself the minute way get on the road I'll jump in the far lane and hit it. We must have been thinking the same thing because the same time I jumped he jumped. I stayed right on his bumper until about 130 my tranny started downshifting so I had to feather it to go faster I got close to 140 but this guy was long gone I could see him about a 1/4 of a mile ahead zipping through traffic. Those cars are VERY fast. I was running 17# boost,t-44,93 chip by eric,342 gears. I dont have a fuel cut off in case anyone thinks thats what happened.

Very nice!!! That was probably a fun run!! I know id be grinning from ear to ear:D

yawn

415hp 415tq base model turbo(twin turbo)
444hp 457tq x50 engine enhancement option (more boost)
all wheel drive
0-62 4.2 sec
0-100 9.3 sec
top speed 189mph

Yawn- I dont think so

yeah maybe a chance on the stop light races... these buicks just werent meant for those types of top speed runs... at least ya got to race one :D

My TR puts down 440 at 15# of boost with street timing so what is your point..plus I have about a small fraction of $ in my car in comparison to the Porsche..Yawn ..;)

Apples to Grapefruit, I would say. Your car is simply outclassed. It is admirable that you could stick with him for so long! By the way, that's crazy stuff, should never be attempted on the street!

I ran my 03 without the x50 and turned 12.20's @116 and 117 with a 1.9 short time. You have to shift before you get out of the 60 so i think hurt the short time. Always fun to get it on regardless. Had it been an 87 911 turbo vs. the GN he wouldn't have had enough.

Back