You can type here any text you want

Black carbon on rear quarter panels behind wheel ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Took the TTA on a 100 mile trip to a car show, got on it once or twice and when I got to the show to detail it I found that as I cleaned the lower rear quarters on the paint was a fine film of black carbon. Trip home the same 100 miles and same results.
I am running alky set at 6 on the dial. My numbers on the scanmaster seem fine, BLM at idle is 124 and cruising is 124. TPS .44
The boost is 21 psi with .05 knock at WOT O2's are between 800 and 820
Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it ?
Thanks

TTA have exhuast out the back not under the rear 1/4's??

Sorry Razor, forgot to mention that I had the electric cutout opened on both trips. The butterfly also was coated with black carbon.

Black means its rich. Guess start would be looking at O2's at WOT and making adjustments to them.

The methanol burns clean.. but can smoke up if you really crank it in.. but this goes back to tuning.

My car for about a month after the alky install would coat my garage floor and rear bumper with carbon. It has all cleared up now. I guess that was from years of running rich and finally with the combination of a good tune and methanol cleaning crap out it has alleviated the problem.

Jason

Back