Black Touch Up Kit

RBruton

getagrip
I have a 87 WE4 that was painted about 4 years ago. I have only had the car about 7 months. Based on some of the posts it appears there are quite a few opinions on the color black. The paint on this car is not originally and is black as it can be with no tinting that I can tell. I need to touch up a few chips and need some advice on how to best handle the situation. I am only needing a touch up bottle with a brush but don't know what color to ask for since the car was painted a couple owners prior to me. There are a couple of mild scratches a friend tried to help with when I first got the car by using a colored wax that after I looked at his efforts actually made it more noticable cause the wax was not as black as the paint. Anyway any help would be appreciated especially what to ask for and where to get it. I'm thinking a safe choice would be the blackest black I can get if there is such a thing.

Like some of the previous threads said as far as our cars go black is black. The GM paint codes for black are long number WA848 and short number 19. You can also use codes WA8555 and 41.

Eric Fisher