You can type here any text you want

Blew my MAF apart-unglued

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Dave,
It is s TT chip5.6 I think. If i had the cash I would have the SD chip yesterday.
No exhaust leaks that i know of, I'm always watching out for those type of gremlins. I did adjust my crossover pipe last week and my BLM came down to 132:biggrin: All other vac lines seem good.
Mart

Hey Brad,
I'd love to have that SD chip,but that also means injectors to. So until i get a job.Diemaking used to be the cream of the crop here in Michigan,now NAFTA. Those things will have to wait.

Any specific cars,engines that run these mafs, so I know what to look/ask for in the boneyards/
Thanks
Mart

Unfortunately, what many have learned the hard way is, the MAFs for these cars are specifically calibrated. So unless you can get one for the 86/87 Turbo Regal, you'll be chasing problems forever. OR... An LS1 maf (easilly obtainable) and a Translator to run it.

That's the way I'm going to go. now I need to start looking for used translators & mafs. It is a better way,just is happening sooner than i need right now.

I picked up a used 3" MAF from a Blazer for I think $35 from the LKQ in Holland. You might want to check around at some yards. Might be able to find a Translator in the trader section.

JB weld has been holding mine together for the last 3 months. I eventually want to go the translator route so there is not much sense in getting a new one. It just bumps the time table up a bit.

Back