You can type here any text you want

Blew s head gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

riviera

Blew my driver side head gasket is it ok to replace 1 or do both and whats a good brand for gasket and and the proper way to install including tourq down pattern

I personally would do both. Pain in the ass but peace of mind is better imho.

Galaxy S7 Edge

After going through the trouble of pulling the intake manifold and all the other stuff to get the heads off you might as well do the other one aswell . You have 8 more bolts to pull off . I would go with RJC gaskets . Also make sure the surfaces are super clean and you chase the threads with a tap . Also I would install studs and ether way u go make sure you get the right thread sealent on the threads or else u will be pulling the heads again . Good luck

Do both, the other side might be on it's way out. What happens if you go through all this work to have to pull it down again and do the other side? Not worth it in my opinion. I do feel your pain, but just do the job once.... You'll thank yourself later for it and will have piece of mind knowing it was done right.

New Blew my driver side head gasket is it ok to replace 1 or do both and whats a good brand for gasket and and the proper way to install including tourq down pattern
Both while your in there.gasket is the real question,if your tune is on point the rjc is a great way to go as long as you understand if something bad happens the damage is moved down into the piston area and I have seen the Pistons crack with a good steel gasket.the stock replacements graphite gaskets will blow before piston damage in most cases.future potential shortblock damage or gasket damage is the real decision.dont forget to mill the heads.

The stock head gaskets act like a fuse. As Mr Spool says, if your tune is spot on...then RJC's are a good choice. If you're going with stockers, then try to stay with VR's. Knowing why you blew the headgasket is key...and you can correct the problem.

Back