Block casting #

Bob T

New to this forum. I do not own a Buick at this time but have in the past. I recently bought several items, and one of them was a GM long block. It is a reman block. The casting number is 25514290. It is a 3.8 l itre engine. From what I can find out it is a turbo engine for a regal or Riviera 1982 or 1983.
Came to this forum to see if anyone can add anything to it. Also what do you think it might be worth or is it a boat anchor.
Thanks
Bob T

So it looks like it is a 1979 turbo rwd. Ihas been sitting for a while in a garage. I am going to lube the cyl and then make sure it turns free. Do you think it is worth anything?
BobT

Check the head casting numbers and see what they are. Usually the 79 isn't the most desirable but it may have some decent parts in it.

I will check the heads tomorrow and see what they are.

Thanks for the reply.
Bob T

So the block casting number is #25514290
And head casting number is #25506293

Bob T

The head casting would put it around 81-84 Bob. Is it 293 on both heads? I've gotten engines that had 2 different heads and even though they flow the same they're different.;)

Both heads have the same numbers. Only difference is 1 set is a little larger than the other for some reason.

Bob T