You can type here any text you want

block questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OneQuikSix

I'm just trying to get my feet wet here in the stage II stuff and had a question about different block orientations.

Firstly, what is a Chevy 90 degree V6 block and how does it compare to what everyone uses here (either stage I or II)?

I found a pretty good selection of basically any type of Chevy 90 degree V6 imaginable. I was just wondering if any of these other blocks could work in a turbo buick.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise :)

The Chevy V6 is basically a small block minus two cylinders. Nothing interchanges with the Buick motors. There are Bowtie V6 blocks that are analogous to the Stage II Buick blocks; you can find ASA or other circle track motors with some very nice parts.

There are a few people building serious Chevy V6 motors for Syclones; the biggest drawback is the lack of readily available even-fire forged cranks. Running an oddfire motor makes the EFI setup a pain.

To put one of these in a Buick would require pretty much total custom fabrication...if you were going to do that, I'd put a small block in and gain two cylinders and 100+ cubic inches. :)

Back