You can type here any text you want

blow v/s suck

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Is a blow through system better or worse than a pull through system? Has anyone converted there pull through to a blow through? I'm not extremely familliar with the pull through system but does the fuel and air both actually get pulled through the turbo? That is what it appears to me. Someone please enlighten me, I'm interested.

Is a blow through system better or worse than a pull through system? Has anyone converted there pull through to a blow through? I'm not extremely familliar with the pull through system but does the fuel and air both actually get pulled through the turbo? That is what it appears to me. Someone please enlighten me, I'm interested.
A draw thru system (suck) pulls the air/fuel mix thru the turbo from the carb.
This is the main reason you can't IC it, as the fuel traveled thru the IC the fuel would cool and condense (pool) in the IC.
It's debatable which system has the potential to produce more power.

Using production parts or easily accessible aftermarket parts, I think the blow thru has more potential. You could use the 86-87 headers, turbo, etc and blow thru a carb. You could even intercool it since the only element going though the IC would be air.

The limiting factor on the factory draw thru seems to be with air flow, namely the intake but the plumbing in general.

It just seems blowing thru you have so many cheap, non-custom options that will flow a TON of air (86-87 plumbing, 86-87 turbo choices, intercooler, 3" downpipe, etc).

On this particular engine (Buick V6), I agree that blow-thru would be the way to go:
1) If converting a non-turbo engine
2) If the limits of the stock draw-thru have been exceeded.

Using a factory carb/turbo, I have yet to see anyone exceed the limits of the stock system. If you have it, use it.

Nowdays blow through carbs are making sick power as there has been alot of R&D put into them. They have boost reference power valves to increase fuel as boost rises. You can use better flowing intakes that are better flow balanced without alot of port work. Now if you have a draw through system why not see what you can get out of it first because the change is not cheep to go blow through. We hope to have our's running soon (Blow Through), just waiting on funds for some drive line parts now.

Jim

Nowdays blow through carbs are making sick power as there has been alot of R&D put into them. They have boost reference power valves to increase fuel as boost rises. You can use better flowing intakes that are better flow balanced without alot of port work. Now if you have a draw through system why not see what you can get out of it first because the change is not cheep to go blow through. We hope to have our's running soon (Blow Through), just waiting on funds for some drive line parts now.

Jim

Hey Jim, I talked to you (via the forum) early last year about your set up. I think I started the post with something like: "Is this stupid or what". I thought you guys would have had that thing to the track several times by now:) Hows it going? Do you have any new picks of your set up?
Steve

Steve, my son (Zack's 85GN) decided to put in a 9" with a spool and disc brakes. We do have it installed along with the HR parts Suspension less the sway bar, still have to get that. What we lack now is tires and wheels, rear shocks, and driveshaft. Then comes the wiring, brake lines, and installing the front mount. Also working outside in the winter time is not fun. Money is an issue as this point due to Zack wanting to pay back his sutdent loans, (not too bad fo a 24 year old if you ask me). We are shooting for getting it ready by the nats but don't count on it.

Jim

Back