Blown Head Gasket

camino70

I blew a head gasket at the track the other day and just got around to pulling the heads, actually only pulled one so far. On the gasket, #4 is not flat like the rest and has a different appearance then the rest, it is a gm. It is not mangled like my last one. Does this constitute being blown or am I in for worse things on the other side?
Thanks.

Here are two pics. One is last time I blew it, but it was #3 and the other is less mangled and #4.

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2413.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 148
The top started to go. Thats what it looks like when you lift a HG and catch it in time.

HG's a job that I will never like....Have fun!!! ;)

After looking over it again, it looks like some material is lost at the thinnest section on #6. That is the plug that looked less like the others too.

I only made two runs. About 20lbs and zero knock, 750 mv for the first run and about 21lbs and 715mv second. I kept an eye on the scanmaster and saw .7 and .9 and didn't feel anything. As I turned off I noticed it miss and shut her down. Recall showed 13 KR and 715mv.

I only made two runs. About 20lbs and zero knock, 750 mv for the first run and about 21lbs and 715mv second. I kept an eye on the scanmaster and saw .7 and .9 and didn't feel anything. As I turned off I noticed it miss and shut her down. Recall showed 13 KR and 715mv.

715 is pretty lean. You want to be in the 790's to 810 on the rich side.