You can type here any text you want

blown head gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

poppy1440

hey fellas
I have a blown headgasket on passenger side.
do you guys think this would be a good time to make the change to the champion iron heads, since the heads need to come off and be re-surfaced anyway. and if so what would ya'll get the matching ported intake or would yall just have the factories re-worked. My thought is the champion irons would cover me in any future upgrade I might do. Any imput will be appreciated.

Thats a tough question. How much are they charging to port the heads?

I think its another 250.00 just to port the intake.

BW

I don't know yet.

But If I order before tomorrow is over I can get the extra 10% off at full throttle. 1250.00 - 125 = 1125.00 for cahmpion irons plus around 250.00 for intake.

how much power gain do you think I'll get from heads and what else do I need to get with them. I think I should get a stall also. I only have about $2000.00 to spend on parts. Is this a good place to spend it.

What have you done to the bottom end? I would want a good strong base to build off of. Why spend that kind of green and still have a weak base. Your signature didn't mention girdle or any other work? Yes more money involved. I think that the heads and intake will really wake the car up but your still working on a stock bottom.

the bottom end is completely stock. just a boil and r&r cb & fp,balancer, engine kit done in 1999

I would have to say if you can afford it, and you dont mind putting the cash into new heads compared to just having them ported, then go for it. As to putting a girdle on, you're talking more money there for sure. Have to have your block prepped for the girdle from what I hear. That means complete tear down, machine shop, and money spent on that instead of heads. I dont think you're at the power level yet to need the girdle. JUST my opinion.

Back