You can type here any text you want

BLOWN V6 4.25 @ 161 in the 1/8 mile

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlownV6

:) Happy to report good progress in testing yesterday. 20 to 25 mph cross wind caught me off guard on the first pass and I had to lift (wife and crew say I got within 3 ft of wall - caught a little grief for taking it too far ) by the way I have probably 150 runs with no aborts so that is why it caught me off guard!! Paid attention next 2 runs and went right down the center.
Run 1 .9857 - 60 ft , 2.7690 - 330 ft , 4.5691 @ 117.49
Run 2 .9780 - 60 ft , 2.7629 - 330 ft , 4.2900 @ 160.65
Run 3 .9636 - 60 ft , 2.7398 - 330 ft , 4.2569 @ 161.24 :eek: 60 ft :) :
The plan is to run IHRA Top Dragster in 2007 so I am going to Rockingham to watch the World Finals next weekend and take in the education. Rockingham will probably be my first race next year. By the Way thanks to Dan White of White Racing for guidance on several issues which were holding this car back. Still looking for 3.99 !! Hey I think I can SEE IT!! :eek: :) :

more testing to come weather permitting!!
I would love to post pics, but I cant seem to do it!! I can e-mail pics to anyone who will post them for me thanks Mike :cool:

Well Heck Man!!!!!

Somebody post the pic's for him, I want to see this beast.
Great runs, congratulations......

here are the pics you needed me to post mike ill have some of ours tomorrow with oure new fuel system

Attachments

• bbb.JPG
    bbb.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 585
We were just talking about this at the track last night. I was told about a new class or maybe an existing one that had some Buick powered dragsters running. I was told something about a limit set at 4.50....

Got any idea what that's all about?

P.S. Nice looking setup, what length is your frame?

turbodragster said:
here are the pics you needed me to post mike ill have some of ours tomorrow with oure new fuel system

Are you going to make the next three $$$$$.00, Immokalee, Bradenton & the Five Day at Moroso?

well thats not my car i run a turbo v6 thats mikes car but i know a 4.50 limit wont work for me now that mike is getting his car running good i have been 4.16 @169 on gas so im sure if they make a class me and mike didnt work hard to go fast to slow the things downi know me and mike would both like to run 3.99

Attachments

• IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 543
The only 4.50 class I know of is the Jegs super quick series which is mostly run up in the div 3 of NHRA ( ohio, ind., KY.,) I have been to 3 of them and qualified at all of them. made it to the semis twice. my car is 215" long, which is awfull short to be going this fast, but so far no problem!! thanks to Barry (turbo dragster) for posting my pics. I am really proud of my ride and hope to make all you v6 guys proud next year in top dragster. It is a great feeling to out qualify (and send home a bunch of BIGGGGG-block cars) :cool:

BlownV6 said:
The only 4.50 class I know of is the Jegs super quick series which is mostly run up in the div 3 of NHRA ( ohio, ind., KY.,) I have been to 3 of them and qualified at all of them. made it to the semis twice. my car is 215" long, which is awfull short to be going this fast, but so far no problem!! thanks to Barry (turbo dragster) for posting my pics. I am really proud of my ride and hope to make all you v6 guys proud next year in top dragster. It is a great feeling to out qualify (and send home a bunch of BIGGGGG-block cars) :cool:

That must have been what they were talking about, I thought it was from the North end. 215" would be a little spooky with the kinda power you guy's are putting out. I haven't had a chance to see Barry's car run as yet, I keep trying. My buddy has ran with him in the Quick 16 at Immokalee and said his car was no joke.

well thats not my car i run a turbo v6 thats mikes car but i know a 4.50 limit wont work for me now that mike is getting his car running good i have been 4.16 @169 on gas so im sure if they make a class me and mike didnt work hard to go fast to slow the things downi know me and mike would both like to run 3.99well thats not my car i run a turbo v6 thats mikes car but i know a 4.50 limit wont work for me now that mike is getting his car running good i have been 4.16 @169 on gas so im sure if they make a class me and mike didnt work hard to go fast to slow the things downi know me and mike would both like to run 3.99

I haven't got a chance to see you guy's run your car yet. That's why I was asking about those three races. I understand where your comming from as far as times, none of us want to go any slower. I understand you had made some changes to your setup and were sorting things out.

Good luck to the both of you, I know it kills them to get their butt's handed to them by a six.....

That's beautiful. Glad to see you two guys pushing V-6 power to the next level.

Wow! Great times Mike.
Barry: The dragster looks awesome with the new setup. I like the no-intercooler look :)

Alky set-up and Rockingham

Barry that set up looks great, good luck with it and we will see you in a couple weeks.. NC turbo we are heading to rockingham to spectate on thurs night and will be there on friday and saturday to check out how things are done in IHRA. are you going to be there?? If you want to meet up call my cell 937 272-4313 thanks mike :)

Hey are there any videos or sound clips of these v6 dragsters? I honestly have no idea how these things would sound, but Im REALLY interested... I had no idea that people were going this fast with these engines...

So what kind of HP are we talking???

I have been told that my motor is the loudest thing that they have ever heard. I dont think that it is really the loudest but it makes an extremely shrillllllllll/loud sound. anyone any where around the starting line usually covers up when I do a burnout. My guess on HP is around 950 to 1000.I am just starting to get this thing figured out. hope to see around 1200 at the rear wheels. this may sound a little low but dont forget that it takes a lot of power to turn the supercharger ( opinions vary but I hear 300 to 600 HP). Dan White has offered to put mine on his chassis dyno but there are some issues that have to be worked out to make it fit the dyno(rear tires are to narrow and the zoomies wont work inside the building) I may work on those issues and put it on the dyno to speed up the tuning process this winter :)

Back