BMW 5 series Hybrid...

You said a 5 series right, it will bad a$$, I have a 1984 500SEC AMG getting ready for this process as well. Don't even think about a manual tranny. So many people had problems with it, a buddy of mine has a Porsche 928 with GN motor and factory Porsche trans , he is on his second trans and still having problems. I think in the 1555+ or so Turbo Trans Am's that were made in 1989 with GN powertrain, they tried a 5 speed tranny behind it and it ran a full second slower than than auto tranny. So GM went back to the 200R4. It will be fun, My 86 Fiero is also gtting a built motor that already made 500+ RWHP with smaller turbo and a 218/218 flat tappet cam. Now I am bolting on a PT70 and a roller cam we will see.

If i can help you with anything just let me know.

HTH

Prasad

Don't bother with the manual tranny that people are suggesting in that thread.

Good luck! Should be badass!

5 series with a GN motor

please continue on your project (5 series with a GN motor) I am considering locating an older 5 series donor body and dress it up with an M5 kit put a stage 2 motor in it and a built 200R4 that can withstand over 900 hp built by Etreme Automatics of Ohio, and lastly install an Eibach Pro kit suspension, talking about an ultimate driving machine!!

a T56 won't work with an L36/67/32 V6 because the blocks use either the GM 60 V6 for camaro or FWD bolt patterns for the trans leaving either the 4L60E auto or T-5 manual for the transmissions. Neither will take much abuse in stock form but can be made to handle quite a bit. A solution would be to use an L36 F-body block with a L32 rotating assembly and L36 heads for a turbo or L67/32 heads with the supercharger. The American supercharger Throttlebody assembly won't clear the firewall in a RWD configuration but in Australia they use the Eaton M90 in a rear wheel applications so picking up one of those might solve the problem. The engine mechanicals are much improved over the earlier 3.8's with crossbolted mains, rolled fillet cranks, gerotor oilpumps, Powdered metal rods in L32's and beefy Hyper pistons in addition to the more compact packaging by lowering the deck height but keeping the same bore and stroke. The computers are be very picky about transplanting but you can get a GN computer to run the motor just by replacing the cam sensor input with the extra crank sensor input. For more about that ask Bruce as he is the electron head most knowledgable I've found. The L67 is a tough motor, the L32 is even better but both are crippled by the 4T65E transmission that is at the limit of power handling with a stock motor, trust me on this one, I've already broke a 4T65E with a bone stock L67. The aftermarket for these motors is just as specialized as it is for the Turbo6 but being newer is still kind of small but you can get good stuff out there if you can find it.
I'd love to see someone use the new Series II and III motors for a cool turbo rearwheeldrive project but I'm affraid its not going to be me.

Good luck,