You can type here any text you want

BMW M3 Conv., sore loser

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mark_123456

I'm leave a softball game the other night, in my 86' GN, where my team was pounded into the ground, so I need to let off a little steam.

My wife is following me in our Jeep Grand Cherokee, and up ahead at the light is another player in his shiny, silver M3 convertible with the top down. My wife pulls behind him and I move into the left lane. He glaces over with a smug look, and I knew that it was on.

There was no time to stage as the light went immediatedly to green as I stoppped. We are in a 35 mph zone. We both rolled into the throttle and hit it at about 10. My turbo fully spooled to 18 psi and I walked right by him by about 3 cars at 50. I let off and coasted to see if he wanted any more, but he stayed back, so I got on the brakes.

My wife was watching all this and she said as soon as I got on the brakes, he nailed it and pulled a ricer flyby. I did nothing, but he must have stayed in it until about 100.

I had the windows up with the A/C on, so I did not hear him coming, or I would have shown him the full power of the Darkside.

I always feel a little remorse when I smack down someone who puts so much money in their car that they believe is unbeatable. This is not a bash on BMW owners, as I am one too.

I've got a Z3, not all that fast, or that expensive, but it seems like everyone thinks that it is.

When people who are knowledgeable about TR's want to race, I tell them that they have to get by the little Z3 first, and then they can step up to the Darkside.

I saw a pack of M3's running at the track one night. Thank goodness one of them had a convertable, or he wouldn't have been able to fit his swolen head in the car. The BMWs seem like nice cars, but the 'tudes these guys had were increadable - I don't think I could walk around with my nose that high in the air and not bump into stuff. The "fast" M3 of the group did manage a 14 second run on drag radials. :confused:

This country was built on unwashed true grit. Like that of the TR. Spank that beamer ass.

I love bmw's..(duh!) but these kids trying to drag race m3's is retarded...thats not what they're for, they handle like crazy, but you have to know how to drive them, i wouldn't drag race in one, but i'd take it and wring it's neck at watkins glen anyday! and as far as the drivers of these cars.....money doesn't buy you class, and the better part of these people dont even know the heritage of their beloved M3's...( i have an '89 m3, the original m3, try to talk to these guys and you can see they would have bought something else if it carried more "prestige"...idiots!), let alone how to drive them.

thse kids just dont know.....:rolleyes:

thanks for making them feel stupid...and slow! i'll buy a used e46 m3 cheap.:D

my buddy at school has got an '04 M3 with the SMG tranny. VERY nice car!! handles awesome, but i loved it when i walked him with a virtually STOCK 120 k mile TR....:D he took it real good seein its a $62,000 and is now lookin at all these aftermarket parts that cost more than my car!!! :eek: haha.....

I drove a 02 M3 we had in the shop and I'll admit they pull very hard from a stop, I had an 86 635csi back in the day and the M3 would easily have smoked it. However, like pete said, they aren't a drag car and a Gn will easily smoke most M3's but only in a straight line:D

Back