You can type here any text you want

Board preference: Less features and FASTER, or more features and SLOWER?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Would you prefer:

• FAST board with few features

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • SLOWER board with lots of features

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Thanks for the post Bruce. I think most of us just wanted to know what was going on. I mentioned in a previous post like this that you probably weren't getting what you paid for and I think we just wanted to know where this stood.

I think we all appreciate what you are doing. Now go get 'em!! ;)

Here was my correspondence

this is what I wrote and what was replied. Keep emailing them:To: SCD@CORB.NET
Cc: adam.self@webaigroup.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:24 PM
Subject: I am the Owner of Turbobuick.com

Mr Corbin or whoever it may concern.
I am Bruce Toelle, owner and admin for Turbobuick.com a message board website that you host.
I have been very unhappy because of the lack of service to my website TurboBuick.com.
I am losing members due to this which I hold the server responsible for. I asked for what I needed and was told this is what I needed . Now one of two things are happening here. One, I was misdirected, or two, I am NOT getting what was paid for.
My webmaster Adam Self tells me he has expressed concerns to you in the past but they seem to have gone either unheard or taken seriously. You have "supposedly" made promises that have not been met or provided in the time frame announced. What the hell is going on? I am getting 2-300 emails a night concerning the operation of Tb.com
I have NO answers for these people. Jeez man, throw me a bone. The sharks are out and there is blood in the water. And, it looks like I am the meat. Mr Corbin.........I don't want to be the meat!!!! DO SOMETHING PLEASE, AND FAST!!!!!!!!!
Also, you may want to ck out this thread as it is one that started this morning.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105538
There are alot more. I honestly believe I have a legitimate gripe. Please respond.

"WE4"
Bruce
www.2004rperformancecenter.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The response......Bruce:

My apologies for the latency associated with access to your site. I am aware of the problem and for the past few weeks have been working to get our infrastructure upgraded to accomodate this and other sites on our network. Today another component of the infrastructure was upgraded to allow for the new service to come online tomorrow morning. I am hopeful that this will actually happen as scheduled but there are many other players in the mix and some are out of my control. While I can appreciate your perspective in thinking that the situation has gone unheeded or not taken seriously this is not the case at all. Best case, the problem should be addressed by this time tomorrow. Worst case, it will take us into the weekend to coordinate all of the changes to our core boundary router. Either way, by Monday of next week these problems should be behind us.Again, my apologies for a situation that has taken longer than I had hoped to improve.
Is there a way/place for me or you to send an announcement to the board with at least some of the details of what is happening to improve the performance issues? I think this would be a good gesture to let people know that the issue is being addressed and is just taking longer than I had hoped.

scd

Hey you all I wasn't going off on you guys, I was pissed at these guys. Lets see what happens and leave it at that for now.

Bruce
WE4

Re: Here was my correspondence

Originally posted by WE4
this is what I wrote and what was replied. Keep emailing them:To: SCD@CORB.NET
Cc: adam.self@webaigroup.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:24 PM
Subject: I am the Owner of Turbobuick.com

Mr Corbin or whoever it may concern.
I am Bruce Toelle, owner and admin for Turbobuick.com a message board website that you host.
I have been very unhappy because of the lack of service to my website TurboBuick.com.
I am losing members due to this which I hold the server responsible for. I asked for what I needed and was told this is what I needed . Now one of two things are happening here. One, I was misdirected, or two, I am NOT getting what was paid for.
My webmaster Adam Self tells me he has expressed concerns to you in the past but they seem to have gone either unheard or taken seriously. You have "supposedly" made promises that have not been met or provided in the time frame announced. What the hell is going on? I am getting 2-300 emails a night concerning the operation of Tb.com
I have NO answers for these people. Jeez man, throw me a bone. The sharks are out and there is blood in the water. And, it looks like I am the meat. Mr Corbin.........I don't want to be the meat!!!! DO SOMETHING PLEASE, AND FAST!!!!!!!!!
Also, you may want to ck out this thread as it is one that started this morning.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105538
There are alot more. I honestly believe I have a legitimate gripe. Please respond.

"WE4"
Bruce
www.2004rperformancecenter.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The response......Bruce:

My apologies for the latency associated with access to your site. I am aware of the problem and for the past few weeks have been working to get our infrastructure upgraded to accomodate this and other sites on our network. Today another component of the infrastructure was upgraded to allow for the new service to come online tomorrow morning. I am hopeful that this will actually happen as scheduled but there are many other players in the mix and some are out of my control. While I can appreciate your perspective in thinking that the situation has gone unheeded or not taken seriously this is not the case at all. Best case, the problem should be addressed by this time tomorrow. Worst case, it will take us into the weekend to coordinate all of the changes to our core boundary router. Either way, by Monday of next week these problems should be behind us.Again, my apologies for a situation that has taken longer than I had hoped to improve.
Is there a way/place for me or you to send an announcement to the board with at least some of the details of what is happening to improve the performance issues? I think this would be a good gesture to let people know that the issue is being addressed and is just taking longer than I had hoped.

scd

Hey you all I wasn't going off on you guys, I was pissed at these guys. Lets see what happens and leave it at that for now.

Bruce
WE4

Roughly translated:
"Hurry up guys,I'm catching h#ll here"
Response:
"We're pedaling as fast as we can":D

Bruce, if it doesn't work out with your current host, try these guys. www.amhosting.com Have had good luck with them. If I ever have a problem with my site they get back to me within an hour of me emailing them. Not that I have many problems but they are always there when I need them including weekends.

Sounds like they are admitting that they aren't providing the service for which you paid for. I smell a discount or a refund for the time in which they weren't providing what you paid for.

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Bruce, if it doesn't work out with your current host, try these guys. www.amhosting.com Have had good luck with them. If I ever have a problem with my site they get back to me within an hour of me emailing them. Not that I have many problems but they are always there when I need them including weekends.

I e-mailed these guys and Steve got back to me within 10 minutes.

Bruce,
IMO servers are not the problem. Before the board crashed I had 8000 members and almost as many daily threads as you do now. Your numbers are way off there. Memory is an issue. Chris and I discoverd that memory cures lots of problems. UBB is much slower than V Bulletin that is why I bought this copy of V bulletin in the first place and why most UBB's have switched over like we did. I understand your position more than ANYONE else here. But is is a position that has possible fixes. You want to get rid of the board, I will take it back, let me know.
Mike Licht

BTW there is a guy in Floridia I know that hosts boards......

Owww, that was low, I can't believe I typed it (it was a joke)

I'm happy with it "as is"...

Would I like it to be faster? Sure, who wouldn't. But it's o.k. like it is and I wouldn't desert it even if it slowed to a crawl.

It's probably not in Bruce's nature to ask for financial help with the board and it's maintenance but I, for one would gladly make a donation to help with the costs.

Bruce, maybe you could make a place (PayPal account or whatever you prefer) where we could donate voluntarily.

A little bit from everyone would help, I'm sure.

Re: I'm happy with it "as is"...

Originally posted by SinistrV6
Would I like it to be faster? Sure, who wouldn't. But it's o.k. like it is and I wouldn't desert it even if it slowed to a crawl.

It's probably not in Bruce's nature to ask for financial help with the board and it's maintenance but ........

Richard, I know Bruce very well and he will not say this but I will for him. :)

It is because of members like you that he loves this board, not the financial "rewards" [if any ever happens!] and put in LOTS of time, effort and emotion. We do our best and sometimes do screw up, but always try to make the number 1 Buick place!

Thanks, and we know you speak for many others too.:D

Back