Body Bushings

This is completely a matter of choice. $, ride stiffness, noise, & vibration. Lowers are obviously easier to replace than uppers, so you might try out what you got, see if you like them and replace them later if you don't. They are not cheap, even at GMpartsdirect.com

Ok so, what did GN's come with, from the assembly line. I just want to replace, what was there in the beginning, with new stuff. Don't need any additional body flex, or squeaks.

Ok so, what did GN's come with, from the assembly line. I just want to replace, what was there in the beginning, with new stuff. Don't need any additional body flex, or squeaks.

Naw just get a full Poly set and do them all. They reduce sweeks, body cracking, and are no harder to install than just the regular OEM ones. On top of that if you ever are in a wreck, the additional support may save your car from the scrap yard... The tighter the car is the easier it is to dial in a good suspension setup as well. Unless your car is 100% factory bone stock with low miles, my opinion is that replacing them with rubber is a waste of time because you'll have to do it again. Do it once, do it right, if it "rides too rough" then you're too old ;)

Either way the body is coming off the chassis so do them all. My car actually had sagged about 3/4in all the way around. Have not driven it since the install, but just getting in and out of the car feels different. Much more solid!

Regal bushings are listed about 7 posts back. Not sure if GN had different ones. I chose a little stiffer set that are still available:

position----upper----lower
---1-------457915----348080
---2-------330986----457915
---3-------330951----377801
---4-------330951----457915
---5-------556755----none
---6-------348080----377801
---7------1242754----457915

I'm one of those guys that are split between the "well if it came from the factory, then that must be the best way to do it." and the "if it came from the factory that way, then that means they did it that way becuse they were on a strict budget, and it should be changed."

As for body bushings, I'm on the "keep it factory" side. In my opinion, there was a reason this was done. If the car is TOO stiff, other things start to suffer. Things that simply weren't designed to handle that type of stiffness.
My car has all 4 kirban brace kits, thick sway bars on both ends, and bilstein shocks all the way around. Any stiffer, and I think this car will start actin' up. I actually love a nice dampened buick ride :) There's a reason I don't buy corvettes :)

The only problem with going with a full set of poly bushings is though it stiffens the car a lot, it can make the interior a little rattlely because of the transmitted vibrations.

If you have under dash/interior rattles now, you will REALLY have them after going to a full poly set up. If you are going to open road race the car, I'm right there with you going to a full poly set up... but...

just replacing the missing lowers will provide an improvement you can feel for about 30 minutes worth of work (If your car isn't from the rust belt).

I agree. The rubber bushings work very well. I installed the GNX rear seat brace and welded it in as well as the front connecting brace from Kirban. All my "sqeeks" and "rattles" went away. I also installed the missing GNX bushings and the other bushings that were M.I.A. The car is very solid. The frame must be seperated from the body to get the GNX bushings in. Just a heads up. We loosened up the others and 2 of us lifted up the body while a buddy put them in place and then we set it back down. Wasnt hard, just didnt know it had to be done before I spent the $$$ on them.

Thanks
Coach