You can type here any text you want

body bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Changing my body bushings with the Kirban kit and broke a damn bolt...grrrrr 20150810_183354.jpg

Also, what is the name of the bushing on top of it.. it looks like it has a part number on it. I had no issue with the #3..the #7 is the stripped one on the passenger side

Okay, im a bit confused here...should the #3 and four on each side look like this picture after completed..or am I changing the one on the top. Does this one fit in between the frame and body somehow or sit out like i installed this one. Also on a separate note. I removed the front one on the passenger side and it looks like the bottom picture...is this the one im replacing14392529670611518856390.jpg 14392533465301684431326.jpg

Three and four were only half the bushing from the factory. The kit should be a two piece for those with the number three assembled in reverse order.

It's probably similar to the energy suspension kit I used.

4738f5ae110b56494900a631c65ac361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three and four were only half the bushing from the factory. The kit should be a two piece for those with the number three assembled in reverse order.

It's probably similar to the energy suspension kit I used.

4738f5ae110b56494900a631c65ac361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, got them all in very easy. Except for the one thatcthe bolt broke off. Is there a way to get to the top...maybe through underneath the doorsill possibly. Anyone know?

Is there any of the bolt sticking out? If there is then you can get a removal tool that has teeth in it that should take it out. If not, then you'll have to take and cut it out.

Yeah, part of it seems to be, but i cant getcanything up in the round hole. If i had something to cut a slit in it like the head of a flat tip screwdriver...it seems that I could just twist it out since its loose

Chuck ,got any tips on broken loose body bushing nuts ?
Doing an Elco that has 4 with broken bolts, I slit a box opening in one of them to see if I cold fish it out and use a washer and nut, and it is still captured somehow, need a pic of what I am fighting

Can u weld a nut onto it
Thanks, was kind of my plan, currently drilling out the broken bolts, then going to chase the threads on ones not broken loose.
Hade to move the frame rails back inline also due to some sloppy frame notch work (really sloppy)

FYI to everyone, I bought the 4 ton porta power from HARBOR FREIGHT, and used the little spreader ears to lift the body off the frame for bushing swaps, one man job...

I cut the area around the nut out, in a square shape. I then made a capture plate for the nut that's almost the width of the box. { It can't turn inside the box}.
I put that plate in the box, then welded a replacement plate w/ a hole in it, under the nut/plate. I sprayed the area w/ rust killer.

I just did this on Saturday. I jacked up the body from the frame and took the old bushing out and heated the broken bolt cherry red hot for a few minutes. Vice grips got the hot bolt out.

Back