You can type here any text you want

Body Ground for Amp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboChris87

NCSU Go Pack!
Finally got my amp....won it on E-bay in sep. Anyway...I've mounted it where the spare tire goes. With the trunk kit I can hide it 100%. Two questions though. There is a body ground back there for the frame housing. Can I Ziz wheel off me a clean place on it and it be a suitible ground? Or should I drill a hole and run the wire to the frame below?My co-worker says that the body ground will be fine. Just wanted to ask you guys first. Two: Will the space the amp will sit in be suitible for heat disipation when I cover it with the cardboard piece that is molded to fit over the spare tire?

Well........

Yes you can use a body ground but more than likely will pick up motor noise through a ground loop. I personally would drill a hole and use frame ground, and have never had any motor noise problems with this method. Just a friendly install tip.

FYI, people have brought their vehicles to me complaining of motor noise after they installed their own amp and 9 times out of 10, they used a body ground :eek: .

Back