You can type here any text you want

Body mount repair

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
So I have a frame I pulled out that I'm planning to repair looks like I have 4 or 5 pockets that need repair. Can I weld washers on all the pockets or is it better to cut and weld in the affected pockets. Will the extra height affect the crush on the bottom side of the body bushings.

I did mine awhile ago,kirbans sells the correct washers, i just welded them over the old hole,easy to do. New body mount made a huge difference in the way the car handles,night and day.

No, i had more than one,three or four if i remember correctly,also i think some were rusted and a couple were just out of round for some reason or another. By far best mod i ever did to car,replacing the body mounts. Car is stiff and rides a little hard but handles way nicer.

Ps. I used poly bushing all the way around,others have said to just use new rubber ones to get the "new stock ride"

Thanks Gene you can't get rubber mounts anymore choices are poly or nothing....

Thanks Gene you can't get rubber mounts anymore choices are poly or nothing....

This is not true as well sell a complete 22 piece rubber body bushing kit for these cars includes the special GNX bushings we also have the core support bushing kit and grade 8 bolts one of the best upgrades you can make to improve handling if your car has that tired look feeling...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I had no idea thanks for the option Dennis! I tried to find the rubber bushings a while ago to cobble my existing car I ended up making my own out of 3/4 rubber flooring [emoji13]

Back