Body Mounts

WILD6

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE SPECTS TORQUE FOR THE POLY BODY MOUNTS.
ANY HELP.

good question but i believe most just tighten them up no real torqe speck

they should have a sleeve in them to keep from over tightening them but not sure about the the polly's ...

where is the best place to get them and how much were they ....i need some now before i get the cage welded in.

Nice Wild guess. ;)

52 ft.lbs.

There is a torque spec. on most every bolt in the car. :cool:

Torque it 'till it strips the threads then back it off a 1/4 of a turn. :D ;)

Just kidding....salvage is right, 52 ft/lbs.

Steve

We saw the ~50# spec, but when we got up to 45# it was squishing the daylights out of them, so we backed 'em down to ~35# and left it at that. 5 cars done in over a two month span last year, no problems reported to date.

guess you get the feel of things after many years of wrenching..:)

so who is the best place to get polly moounts?
i need a full set an a buddy of mine is wanting a set for a malibu...we are ready to buy just havent shopped around.

i need to get mine in so i can get my cage done....anyone? :)

I GOT MINE FROM JEG'S 1-800-345-4545, $107.00+ SHIPING.
THE KIT COMES COMPLETE, 14 OF THEM INCLUDING THE GNX ONE.
THANK YOU GUYS, I'LL SEE IF THEY CAN TAKE THE 52 FT-LB.

Originally posted by WILD6
I GOT MINE FROM JEG'S 1-800-345-4545, $107.00+ SHIPING.
THE KIT COMES COMPLETE, 14 OF THEM INCLUDING THE GNX ONE.
THANK YOU GUYS, I'LL SEE IF THEY CAN TAKE THE 52 FT-LB.

cool guess i should actually look at my summit and jegs books once in a while..:D

thanks now to place an order

Sorry Red... Summit told me I got the last set of black poly's they had in stock late last week. Parts still haven't shown up yet though.....

This explains why a fellow from CT approached me for mine... I have a set I can sell you for $125 + shipping.

:eek: i dont care about them being black i got energy's red bushings in my suspention so red body mounts will work

once my buddy that wants the other set gets home from work i'll be calling them to see what they have.