Bolt on fiberglass hoods

T

The Boost Creep

Which ones fit good. Do not want a postons, from what everyone says. How does the Cottons fit? What about the one from Conleys? Also saw a company called VFR, anyone heard about them? TIA

I've seen the glass hood on Jack's car and there's no question,that's the one that's going on my car to replace my stock hood as soon as I have the money.I've talked to the guy who makes them[don't ask,I won't do an endrun around Jack] and he uses a laminating epoxy that won't break down with underhood heat like the cheaper hoods will.Best part is that is a direct bolt on.:)

I have the one from Conley's and IMOP it looks very good.

The hood took very little work before it was painted, and looks as good as the stock one :)

Take Care

do you have an tel# for him

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
I've seen the glass hood on Jack's car and there's no question,that's the one that's going on my car to replace my stock hood as soon as I have the money.I've talked to the guy who makes them[don't ask,I won't do an endrun around Jack] and he uses a laminating epoxy that won't break down with underhood heat like the cheaper hoods will.Best part is that is a direct bolt on.:)

Jack sells the hoods along with their bumpers,doors,etc.You can call Jack at 1-800-639-0531.Hope that helps.

I have seen one made by Glasstek in Naperville IL. From under neath it looks like a factory steel hood w/ the x brace. Its a nice piece. I think gnxguy might have some info on this hood. He usually has parts for sale in that section

Kirban fiberglass hood

I have a Kirban fiberglass hood on my car, and I'm quite happy with it. I've had it for several years now, and it needs a few little paint touch-ups, as if the gelcoat had "set" especially over the turbo area where a few tiny hairline cracks have appeared, and I found out that using the stock hood struts is too much for that hood so aftermarket ones will be needed. Besides that, there is no difference, appearance-wise, from the stock steel hood. I even had the " BUICK Turbocharged 6 " lettering redone under it for a near-stock look!
'Bye, Claude. :)

Last edited:
I have the one from Conley's and IMOP it looks very good.

The hood took very little work before it was painted, and looks as good as the stock one :)

Take Care
Hi , you are happy with your hood ? I can t find their web site , does the hood come from somwhere else ? thank you

In case anyone is interested, I will be selling the hood described in my previous post (post #7) sometime this year. Just e-mail me for details because here is not the ''for sale'', section.
Thank you,
Claude. ;)
e-mail: toofastforyou@sympatico.ca