You can type here any text you want

Bolt or Weld in Rear Drive shaft Loop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Looking for a bolt in or weld in rear drive shaft loop that would help surport a rear frame notch. Is there anything off the shelf out there like that?

If so...who has them?

If you notch the rear framerails for tire clearance, a real DS loop won't give you support in the areas needed. You need support directly over the rear end, between the frame rails. Sorry if I am missing your intent.

I did run thick wall tubing between the frame rails. Sorta threaded it between the shock & the coil spring. I'd also like to have a brace between the frame rails where the lower controls mount but the drive shaft would need to be loop to do so. I saw some pic's on the malibu site of just what I had in mind, it looked like an off the shelf item....

I used a Competitiond Engineering universal rear driveshaft loop and reinforcement plates for the lower control arm mounts from H&R Parts. Frame rails are notched , no additional reinforcements in the frame rails or between the rails. Full cage with the rear tubes going to the frame above the springs and another tube coming off the rear bars to the rear of the frame. The loop is welded between the lower control arm mounts and also have a diagnal tube going from the loop up to the upper control arm box. Many , many lo to mid nine second passes with 60' times from 1.27 to 1.33. No cracks in the b pillars or wavy quarters. Others have done it differently. I took the simple approach and it works. You will have to fab it. No bolt in deals.

This is what we did on mine. No loop though

Attachments

• rear bracing 003.jpg
    rear bracing 003.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 134
I used a Competitiond Engineering universal rear driveshaft loop and reinforcement plates for the lower control arm mounts from H&R Parts. Frame rails are notched , no additional reinforcements in the frame rails or between the rails. Full cage with the rear tubes going to the frame above the springs and another tube coming off the rear bars to the rear of the frame. The loop is welded between the lower control arm mounts and also have a diagnal tube going from the loop up to the upper control arm box. Many , many lo to mid nine second passes with 60' times from 1.27 to 1.33. No cracks in the b pillars or wavy quarters. Others have done it differently. I took the simple approach and it works. You will have to fab it. No bolt in deals.

Would you mind taking a pic of the underside of your car Steve. I need reference points for what I'm doing on mine. Thanks.:cool:

That would be great Steve. I hated to ask....but I was having a hard time trying to picture it as well.

Thanks a lot Steve. That will help Scott and myself figure out where everything needs to be mounted.

Not quite as pretty as Walt's but it has worked good for me. I didn't have exhaust on the car when i first did it so i had to zig zag around it when i built the exhaust. Looking back on it the loope could have been mounted up higher or even upside down for more exhaust clearance.

Attachments

• 1 002.jpg
    1 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1 004.jpg
    1 004.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 1 006.jpg
    1 006.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 1 007.jpg
    1 007.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 79
That helps a lot Steve. Thanks. Now I can do a few tricks I was thinking about doing.

Back