bolt pattern 5 x 120

I have BMW wheels on mine 5x120, had them on for over two years never a problem, never an issue

they can bolt up but its not safe. I strongly urge you not to try it

old school unilug wheels with slotted mounting holes and huge hub diameters aren't safe, either, and yet tens of thousands of people drive cars with them every day without any problems..

we are talking about .65 of a milimeter here- 0.02559" or let's just say .026"- that's probably within the tolerances of how far off the lug holes in the wheels and the stud holes in the axles and rotors can be off..

think about it......

the lugs studs are bending in to accomidate the smaller bolt circle,
so they are under stress ALL THE TIME.
beyond the normal parameters they were designed for.

Thats .65 MM 0o .026" in the BOLT CIRCLE, I am not a math wiz or anything but would you not divide that by 3.14 to find the difference. I can insure you it is not "bending" the studs they slide right on without an issue. I even went out in the garage last night and took one off, as a matter of fact there is a bit of play when the wheels are just sitting on the lugs, just like the the stock wheels.

by your own admission

you admit they ARE NOT centered ( IE- .026 off)
when you tighten the lug nut , being they are off center, you cause side load on the stud, either bending or flexing the stud,
I'm sure the maunfacture NEVER designed it to handle that,
I'd bet your insurance company will NOT cover a claim based on a lug nut/stud failure!
its your car, do as you want, I like mine better than that!

Many do it w/o problems, I can tell you it can bite you in the butt! Me and some buddies build a Pontiac torrent for GM to take to SEMA many years back and did this...".65 isn't a big deal!" so when studs broke on the road in Tx (driving from Atlanta to Vegas) and ended up having to replace all wheel studs on all 4 wheels. (all were bent and weakened, one wheel had 2 stud and lugs when we pulled over...somewhere on a Tx road there are 3 lugs w/ studs in them) We ended up trailering it and driving a trailered car the rest of the way, we were lucky we didn't kill someone or ourselves.
I'd never do it again.

Seriously, just get the correct wheel. Why chance it? Just because it fits doesn't mean its on there properly. Lugcentric wheels are designed to be centered on the axle by its lug nuts...if using the common acorn style lugnuts the wheel will center itself as you tighten each lugnut.

Think about it...if the bolt circle is off a bit then what happens when you try to tighten the lugnuts? Either the wheel will never truly center itself...or the lugnuts will never seat properly into the wheel which puts a lot of stress on the wheel studs.

Many do it w/o problems, I can tell you it can bite you in the butt! Me and some buddies build a Pontiac torrent for GM to take to SEMA many years back and did this...".65 isn't a big deal!" so when studs broke on the road in Tx (driving from Atlanta to Vegas) and ended up having to replace all wheel studs on all 4 wheels. (all were bent and weakened, one wheel had 2 stud and lugs when we pulled over...somewhere on a Tx road there are 3 lugs w/ studs in them) We ended up trailering it and driving a trailered car the rest of the way, we were lucky we didn't kill someone or ourselves.
I'd never do it again.

Thank you for proving I'm not just a crazy pessimist.