You can type here any text you want

Bolt Pattern Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Im not sure but I think I read on here that certain BMWs have the same bolt patt as our cars is this true?

I believe it is a close metric number. It is not exactly 4 3/4, but close. Call a BMW dealer and ask the measurment then convert it by dividing it by 25.4 if it is close, you can try it. Bolt locations are usually tolerenced +/- .007 on most apps. This is just answering your question, I would wait for someone who has run BMW wheels to see how they actually work.

Thanks
Coach

the BMW wheels are "close enough" to work- i believe the center hole is the same diameter as the G body, too. don't ask which Beemer's have the right pattern- i know nothing about those cars.

Buick- and every other GM car, truck, bus, van, and dump truck built in the last 50 years- all have hub centric wheels from the factory.

Do the lugs center the wheel? yes General Motors

Does the center bore on wheel or hub center the wheel? NO GM

Any more questions

Thanks for the quick response guys. Interesting...I really like the mesh style rims offered for BMWs. They are similar to the GTA wheels but are offered in numerous staggered configurations. I want to get away from the "G" look so Im selling my 20'' wires soon. I have a 745i so today I am gonna take the two rear wheels off and throw them on the TR to check backspacing.

Do the lugs center the wheel? yes General Motors

Does the center bore on wheel or hub center the wheel? NO GM

Any more questions
show me one- just one- GM car or truck built in the last 50 years or so that didn't have hub centric wheels when it left the factory and i'll admit you are right.
hell, show me ANY factory built car or truck from any maker that didn't have hub centric wheels.

I wont have a chance to check it out till this weekend. The original 19'' rims that came on my 745i were sold some time ago. However, I still have the spare dummy rim in the trunk so I will mount it up at the end of the week. The rims I have on it now is waaaaaay to big....23''.

Back