You can type here any text you want

Bolts to headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hottrawd

Trying to clear something up in my mind. My son was pulling the headers off the driver side last night and said when he pulled the top rear bolt oil came out of the bolt hole. Is the bolt hole opened up inside the head somehow that it would allow oil to come through it? My son is 17, so we are not 100% sure if the oil did come from the hole or somewhere else, although I'm not seeing anywhere else for it to come from. I noticed the bolts on the passenger side had oil on the threads pretty heavy also when they wee removed.

Maybe. I know the headers were clean and dry, and when the oil came out, it coated over half of the header.

It coated the tubes, which were completely dry and clean when he started pulling the bolts, now over half the header has an even sheen of oil coating it, like someone took a squirt can and shot one or two squirts of oil on the headers. Probably nothing to worry about, I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the bolt holes for the headers were somehow open to the oil passages or not. I've never seen that before.

Back