Boost control is giving me the runaround

I'm sure you be around posting threads like this
Probably! Luckily this site has a great feature where you can read whatever interests you and skip the rest.
And then....wondering if your puck is sealing or your swing arm is at the right angle or you have enough spring pressure to make 350hp😉
I'm not really wondering. The car is fixed. However, I will look at this again if I have issues down the road.
Add up the time taking things apart and the drama and when this really old stuff that's 40years doesnt work the way it did 25 years ago.
That's kinda my hobby. I actually take pride in fixing stuff. 🤷‍♂️
It is really worth it?
Yes. See above.
Internal gates suck period
Fair, but my car is going to look absolutely ridiculous with an external gate. Looks matter to me on this car.
Street or track
Also fair, but C02? Come on now.
If you understand how a turbo system and gat and string pressure actually worked you would evolve your thought process.
Perhaps my a sound understanding is what I need. I thought I knew how all this worked already, but the car ended up challenging that.

I don't disagree that the external gate and a properly working boost controller will work better. I have one on my Camaro and it's great. However, I approach this car differently. Even if it's a lot more time consuming, I like to save the old old stuff. Hence, the ridiculous amount of time I've spent on this Bowling Green Customs downpipe. I would have been much better off pitching that thing years ago and getting a freer flowing stainless unit, but I'm happy I saved it and made it work. This is my last ditch effort before updating all kinds of things. I'm getting pretty tired of chips and MAFs too.

And some more useless info
If you want to run off manifold pressure when running an external gate
You can setup the combo of springs on the gate to target a certain amount of boost while reacting to the gate (depending on backpressure)if you dont want to use co2
Yep. My Camaro has an external gate. It's been tempting to go that route here too. I'd just hate the way it looked under the hood of this car until I got a whole bunch of other stuff to compliment it. I'm picky.

By the way, everyone. That boost controller I had didn't work because the ball seat was dinged up. I rigged one up out of a modified adjustable check valve, reset the wastegate to a much smaller preload, and the car spools up much faster to the desired 24 psi now. I'll buy a new nicer controller now that I know it'll actually help. Lol