Boost Controller Setup

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
I have a Precision external wastegate from Hartline with ports on top and bottom. I have an old school Btsc electronic boost controller that controls the factory solenoid, but I'm not using it as it has no vac line to it at the moment. Instead I am running an ATR bleeder valve for boost control to apply boost to the bottom of the wastegate and the top port of the wastegate is open to the atmosphere. Using a 15# spring I can hit low 20's boost. When I had the 18# spring in I could hit 30+psi boost.

BG is coming up and I'll want more boost and the spring isn't going to be enough and I don't want to be changing springs just for the rare occasion I go racing.

I haven't finished my coffee yet, but I'm thinking about trying to swap to a smaller spring, and then use the electronic boost controller and factory solenoid to connect to the bottom port and use a manual bleeder on the top port, both referencing the same boost from the compressor. This way I can apply boost pressure to the top to try to hold it closed for increased boost or bleed it off and run lower boost using just the factory solenoid on the bottom kinda like it runs now (conservative 18psi boost 125mph tune).

Anyone tried this?

Here is the manual for the wastegate I have:

http://www.precisionturbo.net/tech/instruction-manuals/PTE-PW39-Wastegate-Instructions.pdf

I have a Precision external wastegate from Hartline with ports on top and bottom. I have an old school Btsc electronic boost controller that controls the factory solenoid, but I'm not using it as it has no vac line to it at the moment. Instead I am running an ATR bleeder valve for boost control to apply boost to the bottom of the wastegate and the top port of the wastegate is open to the atmosphere. Using a 15# spring I can hit low 20's boost. When I had the 18# spring in I could hit 30+psi boost.

BG is coming up and I'll want more boost and the spring isn't going to be enough and I don't want to be changing springs just for the rare occasion I go racing.

I haven't finished my coffee yet, but I'm thinking about trying to swap to a smaller spring, and then use the electronic boost controller and factory solenoid to connect to the bottom port and use a manual bleeder on the top port, both referencing the same boost from the compressor. This way I can apply boost pressure to the top to try to hold it closed for increased boost or bleed it off and run lower boost using just the factory solenoid on the bottom kinda like it runs now (conservative 18psi boost 125mph tune).

Anyone tried this?

Here is the manual for the wastegate I have:

http://www.precisionturbo.net/tech/instruction-manuals/PTE-PW39-Wastegate-Instructions.pdf

I'm in the same boat as you, as I'm running the PW46. I hate the spring installation.:mad: I wish they had a special tool, hence me trying the E-Boost 2 or the AMS 500 controller. I'm hoping to stuff 28psi worth of springs then have the control to lower it to 20-22. I haven't tried the method you mentioned, as I running mine in "tuner style". I see a +2-3 psi over the stated spring psi. Are you getting that 30 psi with both springs mentioned?