Boost Gauge fogging up ? Any one.

Mrneg9

Get Some !
Installed an Autometer Ultra light boost gauge on my 87 today. Took it out for a run. Works great. Only thing I noticed is under full boost the gauge fogged up a little on the inside of the glass. Any one else ever have this happen ?

Lol. I just now searched it. Seems they some times do this if the weather is a bit cooler out side. The guage are sealed.

Yea..a lot of my gauges fog up for years, but only seems to be the autometer's not the vdo's.

I have a knock gauge that does the same thing. Will do intermittently and once it has done it and it goes away it will not keep doing it. Does yours do it each time you bring up the boost?

Not sure only drove it once since install. It's staying in. We will see if it happens all the time or not.

Well called autometer up they said I could send the gauge back to them and they would install fog proof glass on the gauge. They said they don't use it unless some one has a problem due to cost. Or they said try installing led light bulb in it as that most of the time works. The led light bulb fixed it. No more fogging.