You can type here any text you want

Boost Gauge Install?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

I did a search but couldn't find any info on this. I installed a boost gauge this afternoon and it doesn't work properly. Now my factory boost gauge does't work either. It's like I lost vacuum. It flickered when I revved the engine but it is not working correctly. I tried bypassing the T-valve to see if the factory gauge would work again but no dice. I thought I might have crimped the line somewhere. I guess I will go back to it tomorrow and trace the line.

I checked the MAP sensor and the vacuum. Everything is working; no kinks anywhere. I still don't have any movement on my gauge unfortunately. Could be a bad gauge.

If you have a mity-vac, you should be able to check the gauge w/it. Do you have any check valves in line that might be reversed?

Is the factory gauge working and did it work before ? If you have an air compressor with a pressure control valve, you can use that to test both gauges. Just keep the pressure down to 10 psi or so.

The factory gauge did work before. It does not seem to be working now. I have only tried starting the car in the garage and revving the engine; I have not tried taking the car out on the street. I believe I should have gotten the needle to jump at least a little that way. Something is definitely not right. I will try your advice with the compressor. Thanks for all the help.

You will not build boost reving the engine. You could brake torque it and it should come up a few pounds.. wouldn't suggest doing it in the garage though :eek:

You will not build boost reving the engine. You could brake torque it and it should come up a few pounds.. wouldn't suggest doing it in the garage though :eek:

Haha, I did try that at first but then I reconsidered. When the storm lets up I will take it out.

Ok. I took the car out of the garage and everything is working. Thanks again for the help. Next I will be installing oil pressure and water temp gauges. :D

Back