You can type here any text you want

boost on pump gas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Some have been able to get 17 psi on 94 octane but I wouldn't chance it. I'd say max safe is 16 psi on 93 or 94. If you are gonna do it make sure you are watching for knock religiously.

12 to 15 psi on REAL pump gas PISS they sell in every place but the east coast

if you can run more then 15 psi on the stuff they call 91 octane here in AZ you should get a ****ing metal!

Dathan

wow 21 pounds :) Thanks guys just wondering cause I'm trying to get the most out of mine now before I get the alky

A lot of it has to due with how efficient your system is. A front mount and better turbo can pick up 2lbs.

Re: boost

Originally posted by TRFanatic
21 pounds with RJC Powerplate and Canadian Ultra 94. Zero knock.

Ravi

Who's chip, how much timing and fuel pressure line off?

I run a fairly conservative timing curve (17° WOT), so I'm able to run 20# of boost in 1st and 2nd gear, and 17# in 3rd and 4th gears. This on the 93 octane we have available here.

Depends on carbon deposits, IC, timing, weather, turbo, engine state of tune.

WH1 Denver was blowing 20 PSI on 93.. easy.. just spend the money on the items in paragragh one.

I believe Bruce said he ran like 23 on pump.

But on a stock long block GN, with a stock IC, and a small turbo.. 16 PSI.. maybe 17-18 if you really up the O2's into the 800's.

Now granted my car is only 2800 Lbs, I run 24 Lbs 1st -3rd and I scale it back to 20ish in 4th. I run 19/17 deg timing on 94 Oct Sunoco, but do a lot of playing with the "E" chips adjust-ability features.
Bob Baileys BSTC, Translator +, " E" chip, and run a Power plate, and Dutt big neck intercooler. PTE 44, 52 Lb low Z Siemens inj.

Paul

My feelings are that cylinder conditions and octane dictate.

That is, if you're able to run lots of boost using pump gas then you're playing games with other stuff (timing, cam, etc.) to reduce cylinder pressure and therefore power - so you're really not reaping the benefits of that big boost number you're advertising.

Or maybe, to paraphrase Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny, the laws of physics cease to exist for your TR...

:D

Its all in the tuneing..........

23lbs psi, TA-49, 009's, xp plus fuel pump, adjustable reg, fuel pressure set at 42.5lbs, stock intercooler, exhaust closed on 93 octane (Exxon) with "0" knock/retard.

hmm my o2s are around 805 on 93, 16psi....guess i could kick it up a notch

Originally posted by strikeeagle
My feelings are that cylinder conditions and octane dictate.

That is, if you're able to run lots of boost using pump gas then you're playing games with other stuff (timing, cam, etc.) to reduce cylinder pressure and therefore power - so you're really not reaping the benefits of that big boost number you're advertising.

Or maybe, to paraphrase Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny, the laws of physics cease to exist for your TR...

:D

Tell that to my tires ;)

FWIW Those of us North of the border are lucky to have a higher octane rating with our Sunoco 94 :cool: Jay Carter actually cuts his chips to be a bit more aggressive if he knows that it is going to be used up here.

Paul

Back