Boost Problems??????

YoungTurbo

My Sweet Revenge!!!
I have PTE-53 turbo and seem to be having problems turning the boost up....I've checked for vacum leaks and can't seem to find any....Any ideas on why this is occuring??? I've tried unplugging the boost solenoid and even wiring the wastegate so it can't open....The vacum lines running from the turbo, wastegate, and solenoid run accordingly: solenoid then a y to wstegate and turbo...Any input is appreciated:)

Eric

Tried That

I tried that and it still did not work!?!?! You think it may be the turbo going out??

Eric:confused:

I have a problem like that and i had to pull the wastegate rod to the puck arm. I didnt think this was right because i pulled very hard to get 17psi but it did go up. Whats up with that? Is it a bad solenoid?:confused:

I assume you are running the stock solenoid setup?
How are you trying to bump it up, shorten the arm? What boost are you running and what are you trying to go to?

Drop me a line if you want to swing by and work on it. I have a bleeder you can test with from inside the car, this way you can rule out the solenoid.

A PTE 53 would have a large wastegate hole and I would guess your puck does not cover it completely.