You can type here any text you want

boost still dropping at RPM.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit

Went to the track last night after opening up the valve lash per Billy Anderson's suggestion to try and solve a boost drop problem. Still doing it. Boost starts dropping at about 6500 rpm and will lose almost 4 pounds by 7300.

HKS GT wastegate--adjusted tight as possible with stock(?) spring
4 bolt 88 turbo
274 Stage II with Stage II heads
70mm throttle body on a Hemco intake mated to a stage II intake
750 pounds of pressure over the nose, 280 closed
Using an innovative boost controller
MSD DIS--have not tried to bypass it yet
CAS front mount
3.5 downpipe

Car ran best being short shifted at 6500 rpm.
Went consistant 6.02 @ 117 1/8 mile last night.
If I tried to stretch it out to 7300 times dropped to 6.3 @ 112
Boost controller had no problem holding a 12 or 14 pound launch boost setting, and boost would peak wherever I set it at (25-27 pounds). I guess next step is to use an old school bleeder for boost control and/or bypass MSD box. 70mm throttle body shouldn't be a restriction at this level? Suggestions?

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

You may try setting up your innovative controller with a c02 setup for better control, It has worked for me
Do a search there are a few thread on it here

Cam specs

intake .635 lift 248 @ .050 duration
exhaust .609 lift with 242 @ .050 duration

lobe seperation is 110
110 intake centerline

lash speced at .016 from comp cams, now set at .024--no change
street roller grind

Maybe run straight wastegate and bypass Innovative controller for now? Car seems to take the boost fine as long as I don't try to leave with more than 12-14 PSI of boost.

Greg Kring

Is this a new combination that has never not done this, or is this a problem that appeared on a previously okay setup?

Back