boost with alky

I am thinking about Alky. Can I run it all the time with no ill effects? Also I can only run about 15lbs on the street before I start seeing a little knock, with pump gas. I can run 21lbs with no knock on xylene.
Would Alky be a better answear and peformance up grade for me? Any help would be appreciated.

I am sorry if I am hijacking the thread, I figured since evryone was already reading it it would help. Thanks a bunch.

Matthew

Usually run around 25psi (extender chip 20°/18°) No knock. Blew the exhaust off (Test pipe came off of down pipe) and boost pegged 30, got 3 degrees of KR before letting off.

HOGNOSE, IMO alky is better than xylene. No ill effects of running all the time, in fact they say it's like a steam cleaning for the engine.

Originally posted by Hognose
I am thinking about Alky. Can I run it all the time with no ill effects? Also I can only run about 15lbs on the street before I start seeing a little knock, with pump gas. I can run 21lbs with no knock on xylene.
Would Alky be a better answear and peformance up grade for me? Any help would be appreciated.

I am sorry if I am hijacking the thread, I figured since evryone was already reading it it would help. Thanks a bunch.

Matthew

Matthew,

This may help..

Alky Faq's

One point I wanted to add... you only run alky when the car is at higher boost levels. So under regular driving, there is no consumption. And once your setup.. typically you leave things alone. And drive/race as the car is setup. Lastly.. xylene/race gas will no longer be needed.

But the motor has to be in correct working order to sustain the higher boost, fuel system, injectors, "tune".. has to be correct. 21 PSI is nothing.. no problem.

HTH

Julio