You can type here any text you want

boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

prokeep15

I was wondering if anyone gets a boost reading when the throttle it in Neutral, and also if I have a 3200 stall shouldnt I be lighting up the tires in first and getting instant boost? Keep in mind this is a pt52 so its not that big of a turbo...please gimme a hand!! I have a feeling I got a bad converter or the wrong one! When I floor it from a stop or from a 20mph roll all I get is a steady boost increase. Ask for more detail if needed I can also attach a Turbolink file if you wanna see.

No you wont in idle. you need to load down the motor in gear.

As to your converter, lock the ebrake, mash the brake pedal hard.. now start to apply gas and tell me when you get to 0 psi boost RPM wise. And then how high can you go before the tires start breaking loose.. like 3 PSI, 8 PSI, etc and what RPM it happens at.

Ok so I locked the E-Brake, and the normal brake...hell I even put it in Neutral and gave it some gas while on the brake to get more vaccum, only made it to 2k before it started moving...do these trannys require more of a break in after a rebuild...Kurtz told me to let it shift normally 6 or 7 times on the street and if it feels ok i'm good to go. Also theres a slight whistle coming from the TC/tranny area while in gear but when in Neutral it stops.

How much boost at 2k?

Probably none.

Your converter has "isuues"

yep your right none at all! and i checked all the exhaust, vaccum everything and its ok! Kurtz is gettin a call!

I've got a pretty similar setup to what your running, but with a PT51 and only a 3000 stall. I can normally launch off around 2400rpm and I'll just be creeping into boost at that time. If you're not launching it but just going WOT from a stop you should have traction through the lower RPMs but once you hit boost it should pretty much annihilate the tires if your on radials.

Yea Firebird I cant even make it to 2400 without it spinning, and theres deff no tire annihilation, which seems weird for such a high stall, when your just cruising at like 45 and floor it does it take time for it to build boost to your max setting? cause when I floor it it creeps to 15, deff nothing exciting here

converter

Hi,
Is your converter one of Kurtz's 12 inch red stripes, or is it of the 10" variety? I have an '86 Firebird with an 2.8L V6, a real dog, performance wise, and I guarantee it'll pull 2500 rpm in a stall test.It has a factory 10" converter.That's the kind of windup you should be looking for.

Back