boost

pushrd

I dyno car got 23 lbs boost.took out maf for big stuff 3 built a large inlet pipe now boost goes to 27 have the rjc boost controller and cant open it any further what causes the boost to rise so much?

I dyno car got 23 lbs boost.took out maf for big stuff 3 built a large inlet pipe now boost goes to 27 have the rjc boost controller and cant open it any further what causes the boost to rise so much?

What type of turbo do you have and is it the same one you had prior to the BS3 and inlet pipe change?

What type of downpipe and is your downpipe "puck" matched up to the wastegate hole on the turbo?

How is your wastegate adjusted?

Did you make any other changes?

Did any vacuum lines to your boost controller/wastegate become disconnected when you were working on the engine (or one could have been "blown" off)? Make sure you zip tie all the vacuum hoses in that area if they aren't.

More information is needed to help you out. And recommend you check out this link: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...st-controller-my-pesky-boost-spike-issue.html

Keep your foot out of it until you get this figured out!!!

turbo puck is matched to the hole,got atr down pipe,vacume lines are zip tied and all connected nothing was changed except the inlet pipe going from a 3 inch to a much larger pipe.and delete the maf. took off the dp and enlarged the hole in the housing and got the boost down to 23 so i guess the inlet pipe was to big and less resistance causing the issue?

turbo puck is matched to the hole,got atr down pipe,vacume lines are zip tied and all connected nothing was changed except the inlet pipe going from a 3 inch to a much larger pipe.and delete the maf. took off the dp and enlarged the hole in the housing and got the boost down to 23 so i guess the inlet pipe was to big and less resistance causing the issue?

Sounds like you got it worked out with the porting.

Rob