Boost

PETEGN

CANT CONTROL THE BOOST. BOOSTED OF 40 AND BLEW MOTOR. BOOST WAS SET AT 27 AND FOR SOME REASON SEEMED TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE, THAN WENT AS HIGH AS 40 OR SO. THANKS
:confused:

CANT CONTROL THE BOOST. BOOSTED OF 40 AND BLEW MOTOR. BOOST WAS SET AT 27 AND FOR SOME REASON SEEMED TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE, THAN WENT AS HIGH AS 40 OR SO. THANKS
:confused:

Go easy on the all caps....... Tell us more about your combo...... turbo..... headers.... downpipe..... etc...... what are you trying to use to control boost?

Hi, thanks for the email. Turbo is a turbonetics ta 62, no headers, gn1 perfomance dp with external wastegate. controlling the boost with the supplied twist and trun knob style. at first i kept cranking it and cranking it and it would only go to 25. could never get over 25. so i kept cranking many turns and got it to 27 which was fine. last week went up to 40 off the guage and motor blew.

Wastegate puck seized closed? Can't see any other way that would be possible.

Might be a dumb question.... but have you checked real good.... the vacuum line going to the wastegate... and "knob"..... and made sure none has come off under boost?

If all seems well.... the puck could have stuck closed..... as suggested.....

Hi, iam going to take it apart this weekend and ck out the waste gate. first thing i checked was all the vacum lines. i zipped tied each one so they wouldnt fly off. Iam just going to have a local builder rebuild my short block and get an after market set of head and of coarse find my over boost prob. thanks

May have had trash in line to the knob all the time, and then it cleared it self somehow, and the boost went up.