You can type here any text you want

Borg warner cam sensor??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike70gtx

Is anyone using the borg warner cam sensor, I can get one from my friend at O'reily's for his cost. Since it technically isn't what I consider an "electonic" sensor, would it work as good as stock? Would it be just a refurbished gm one, or do they make their own?

Borg Warner is one of the Standard Motor Products brands(PC16), believe it or not.. Somewhere in the middle of their "quality" level..It'll probably have the old GM part # stamped on it too !

The list was $47 he said it would be at his cost, I'm guessing low 30's. I'll find out tomorrow. Autozone has the wells and another brand for $37.

Those are the real deal.
I ordered two SU164 's at $42 ea. and recieved the complete unit along with the GM # on the side of the shaft.
Buy them now they dont stay this low for long.
These have a history of going up and down.

(I am running one in my car now)

Would you run one in your car?

Yes, I would.. I've had a Wells(bottom of the Standard line) in my car for some time..

Those are the real deal.
I ordered two SU164 's at $42 ea. and recieved the complete unit along with the GM # on the side of the shaft.
Buy them now they dont stay this low for long.
These have a history of going up and down.

(I am running one in my car now)

Same here.. Got two a while back...

I've about decided to get two of everything if I want to keep this car on the road.

last I checked Autozone couldn't even get them anymore and When I did find one at a Napa in KY, it was over $60 bux!

O'riley's couldn't get them either...:confused:

They must have restocked because when I tried to order online, they were out across the country...(This was Feb/Mar 07)

Someones buying them up to sell them to you later at $300.:frown:

I gots mines.....:tongue:
J/K

The one I ordered from O'rielys came in and it wasn't a cam sensor. After I explained it again, it ended up being $300 plus. So I ordered the one from Auto zone for $37. They don't keep them on the shelf but it will be here in 3 to 4 days.

Back