Bowling Green? (GSCA Nationals)

b4black

Bowling Green?

Anybody going?

It's two weeks away. I've been there before and it's pretty good. But last year I balked at the last moment and didn't go. I'm leaning towards not going again this year. :(

For me it's seven hours. And the GSCA doesn't exactly roll out the red carpet for you, especially if you don't have a Big Block or Intercooler. I wanted to put my '83 TR in the car show. But I found out that it's $20, plus the GSCA memebrship for $35 AND a registration fee of $50.:eek: Now I understand why the car show is so small. It's not worth registering unless your racing. And while I'd love to race, there is no class for Carb/Turbo (or even 84/85 Hot Air), so it's only bracket racing. I can do that at home and not worry about breaking my car 7 hours from home.

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from going. It really is a good time and I recommend going if you don't have to drive yourself halfway across the country. There's a lot of good people there to meet. :)

I can't make it this year, but plan to attend next year. I have been there before, and it is a good time, but like you say there aren't a lot of the carb type cars there. Mostly '86-'87's and v-8 GS cars. I own a GSX as well so the event is pretty cool for me. I would like to see more nice carb models attending the event. Maybe we could get enough together to create a class? I have seen a couple of early models racing, but I think they had v-8's in them.

It's also quite a drive for me, living out in Denver.

I was planning on going this year for one day, this being the closest I lived to the event. But then I maped it out and it's going to take me 6 hours to get there....and I cann't get two days off that week. :( Now I'm shooting for Bristol this fall

I am going to Bowling Green again this year but I am taking my 65 GS Conv. again to run in the Nailhead Class! I feel I need to support this class. Maybe we could get a carbed Turbo class going for next year!

Starc Traxler

Isn't nailhead another bracket class? I would like to see some sort of Heads-up class. Then the winner can say "I have the fastest Carb/Turbo in the country!" :D

Or maybe run brackets, but the quickest ET is King of the Hill! The better you run the brackets, the more chances for quick ET.

I guess the problem with a heads up class is we would already know who has the fast cars and the slow cars wouldn't come. What's the prize for winning a Bracket like Nailhead? I'd be willing to put up a few bucks for the low ET winner. :)

And maybe include NA V6's as well for the bracket racing. Then have seperate awards for Quick ET NA and Quick ET Carb/Turbo. I'm surprised they don't have a class like that for 84/85 Hot Air cars.

I do plan to race at the Midwest Challenge in Morroco, IN.