You can type here any text you want

Box the arms or not to box--CONFUSED

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

canadianregal

Building from the grnd up
Ive been reading for a week--box the arms it will help launch the car but will make it corner terrible--boxing puts to much stress on the bushings becuz they were designed to twist with axel movement on corners? Bushing bind or not? not really called bind but another technical term that basically means the same thing.
From what i gathered so far im gonna use 1LE bushings all around--ive installed bushings in tractor trailer applications so im fairley confident i can do it on the regal--i will install them and tighten the bolts with the car sitting on the ground in its normal relaxed state.
I guess what i really need to know is boxing the lower arms beneficial to a street driven car thats ocasionally street raced. and does it compromise cornering?
Also if the sway bars from f-body should be added does anybody have new part numbers as the junk yards here have NO f-bodys or G bodys for that matter

I would like to hear from someone that has a really good handling suspension setup that didnt cost a fortune--basics like bushings,swaybars,boxed stock arms or not?
Thanks

how about the best of both worlds ? i've seen for sale boxed lower adjustable and non-adjustable arms with what looks like a heim joint at the end that will allow some twist !
i just searched on google for adjustable uppers and most sites showed the lowers too.

don't know if its worth a look ?

Back