You can type here any text you want

Boy would I love a set of these: 4v Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sic numbers

Some crazy V8 numbers for sure. Engine sure breaths alot deeper/faster over what's out there. Be interesting to see how it does with forced induction/turbo, what type/size cam would you use, smaller faster less overlap, seems like a bigger wild lift and overlap would be a hinderance in an engine that can breath this good/fast, gas speed would be slowed .. a 4 bolt turbo on each manifold like these..Hp and torque graphs impressive thru out rpm range/// Expensive for sure.

Attachments

• turboman.jpg
    turboman.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 315
  • ls2TT.jpg
    ls2TT.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 302
Arao Engineering, Home of the 32Valve Aluminum Cylinder Head

I really wouldn't mind having a set of those for our cars... little pricey, but DAMN think of the potential...

Don’t quote me, but I believe Smokey Yunick had completed some research on multiple valve heads and found that a properly designed chamber is as effective (if not more) than a multiple valve head.
Some people may even say that Smokey did nothing but "blow smoke". :eek:

Having said that, I understand that flow technology has come a looong way, and the Formula cars prove that every year. The power is in the flow of the complete system.

I am sure this will a good discussion …… :cool:

Arao has been selling those heads for the better part of 20 years now.
i put them in the same catagory as that compan ythat makes the OHC conversion kits for standard small block chevy heads- they are something that will set your car apart from the one parked next to it at the show, but the money that you have to spend to get them can be better spent elsewhere to get the same performance using regular parts.

Yep, Smokey was the man. Even the GTP and Le Man boys know who he is.

Back